Poughkeepsie Underground: your one stop blog for fun, inexpensive things to do in Poughkeepsie!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rossi's Deli

It's no secret that Rossi's Deli is one of the best deli's in the area. However, despite its reputation, there are still people that haven't experienced this amazing food (especially their paninis). Like these people, I had been hearing about Rossi's for over a year from my obsessed friends but still hadn't been there myself. Thankfully, creating this blog gave me the necessary motivation to go and experience it for myself so that I could share it with everyone else. And, let me tell you, I was not disappointed.


The deli is small but, as I'm learning, that doesn't mean anything. Upon entering the deli you are given the choice of the regular deli sandwich options, a daily special, and the panini list. If you are a fan of paninis, that's what you want to focus in on. There are the options for how they make your panini, including the type of meat you want, the type of dressing, the type of cheese and any extra toppings you may want. After you place the order you make your way down to the front of the deli, passing amazing authentic Italian food as you go.


The deli also caters for events with Italian food that looks and, I'm sure, tastes great. Aside from the delicious panini I had, I decided that dessert was in order and wasn't disappointed. As an Italian, I've had countless cannolis. Rossi's had a plate of cannolis that I just couldn't resist. They had multiple options including chocolate filling, chocolate covered, and duel filled with vanilla creme and chocolate. I got the duel cannoli and was amazed, it was probably one of the best cannolis I think that I have ever eaten. 


The food isn't going to be the cheapest option in Poughkeepsie but I think that the food you receive is well worth the price that you pay for it. And coming from a college student, that says a lot since I'm always watching what I spend. If you haven't been to Rossi's yet, you need to get there!

1 comment:

  1. This place is amazing, learned about it last year and have yet to be disappointed from it. Just steer away from the large panini, you will be astonished by how large it is. It could feed 4 people. The small is more than enough to feed anyone.

    ReplyDelete